DSTV Satellite Signal Finder Meter - Enables you to do your own installation
Satellite Signal Finder Meter Tester
WITH 22K AND HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL LIGHTS
This is exactly what the novice needs to align any satellite dish for optimum reception. Can be used for digital and analogue reception. This meter can save you a fortune in call out charges from satellite installers! Once you get the hang of using this you will wonder why you never gave it a go before!
Here is some more back ground information and technical details of what you do with this meter when you get it.
Optimal alignment of a satellite dish is essential for trouble free reception. Movement of only a few millimeters can have a drastic effect on the signal strength and you will be rewarded with the message "no satellite signal present" on your television screen.
A satellite dish has two main alignment adjustments, the azimuth which is the left to right or east to west position. The other adjustment is the elevation which is the up and down tilt of the dish. Using a compass you can set the azimuth to the correct value, for example 28.2 degrees east of south for Astra 2D which is the Sky / Freesat satellite. The elevation is then adjusted to the correct value using the scale on the dish bracket if it has one. If there is no scale or you have no compass then you can copy another satellite dish close by or simply use trial and error. If you initially set the azimuth correctly using a compass then the elevation is an easy adjustment. Failure to set the azimuth correctly will cause you to align the dish on the wrong satellite.
- Input Frequency: 950 MHz - 2150 MHz
- Sensitivity: 7dB
- Internal 22 Khz indicator light
- Compatible with DirecTV, Dish Network, and Free-to-Air satellite Systems
- Audio tone plus analog signal strength meter display
- Illuminated meter display for use at night
- Light weight and pocket size
- Allows you to setup or maximize your satellite signal reception at the dish by yourself without having a friend assist or having to make multiple trips to your roof
- Ease of use. Handy tool to align any satellite dish in minutes
- No external power or batteries required. Power supplied from your satellite receiver
- Extremely sensitive meter that indicates very small changes in signal strength
1 x Satellite Finder